Irina De Herdt
- BS Linguistics and Literature (French and Greek), Ghent University, 2008
- MA Linguistics and Literature (French and Greek), Ghent University, 2009
- Research Master Literature, Philology and Linguistics (French literature), Université Paris IV-Sorbonne, 2010
- PhD Linguistics and Literature (French literature), Ghent University, 2015
- Master 1 Linguistics (Didactics of French as a Foreign Language), Université Grenoble-Alpes, 2016
Irina De Herdt obtained her PhD with a thesis on the mechanisms of critical reception and academic legitimation of some of the most critically acclaimed contemporary French writers. She joined the French language department at Bogaziçi University in the autumn of 2016. Before that, she has been teaching French for one year in the framework of a university excellence program in Baku, Azerbaijan, with a grant from the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Her current research plans focus mainly on travel writing and on critical writer-reader interaction in contemporary French literature.
contemporary French literature – “classiques contemporains” – Western literatures – travel writing – foreign language learning